My M:tg decks
Povray Files
OTF Roleplaying
2A4X2\2A5X3A
3C0X1\2E2X1
Alpha NAQ
The Crew
E-mail
Reading List
Blog 2016
Blog 2015
Blog 2014
Blog 2013
Blog 2012
Blog 2011
Blog 2010
Blog 2009
Blog 2008
Blog 2007
Blog 2006
Blog 2005
Blog 2004
Blog 2003
Blog 2002
Blog 2001

2009
m y unit lost the Deployable Comm Capabilities Van (DCCV), but I got pulled for it anyway for the G20.   Pittsburgh, PA - September 19th, 2009
Behold! World Domination is at hand!
Too bad it's pretty difficult to make AGR (full time) slots, because the civilian in charge of the van would definitely like to hire me on so that he could finally get a real technician to maintain his equipment. That, and I'd really like to move to Colorado Springs... it's considerably less sucky than Cheyenne. In the meantime, it will remain a pipe dream for the next few years, until reality sets in.

Cheyenne, WY - Aug 26th, 2009
Linka bridge
A few springs ago, I helped my dad with a large train layout, working primarily on some hills, and a massive ravine and stone bridge crossing it. On the left is a recent pic of the result.
The ravine is all styrofoam and I'm rather proud of how it turned out. I think it's quite beautiful! I made some hills elsewhere that didn't turn out quite as stunning. As for the bridge, I think it turned out pretty decent, though it took an awful lot of time.

I made it out of Linka, which I first found when searching for an easy way to mass produce walls. I convinced my dad to buy the molds and this bridge is the first real project I took on using them.
I started with a wooden frame that I calculated and my dad cut entirely. Any measurement errors would cause stress points which would crack the pieces, so it all had to be planned carefully. Due to the solid wooden frame, you could actually stand on the bridge... it's about as solid as a set of stairs (aside from the fragile hydrocal pieces). Next came the casting of all the pieces which was certainly the most time consuming phase, given that the bridge is composed of hundreds of little bits. I then glued all the pieces to the columns (which took quite some time as well, both gluing them together and then to the columns) and screwed them in. I was pleasantly surprised that all my measurements worked out (I kept double checking, as the measuring and construction was critical, due to the fragile nature of the hydrocal pieces). Next, I glued inside corner trim under the bridge so that it would look decent if you were to peek underneath (pic 1). Then came the arches, which went in smooth, thanks to careful construction (pic 2). And finally, after connecting the arches, it was time for the final paint job (pic 3). I had been testing paint solutions all the while and came up with a multi-coat/color application inspired by the tutorials at Hirst Arts. Quite a task, all in all (taking several weeks), but it looks quite nice methinks.
Gluing trim to the underside. Arch!. Basically finished.

Cheyenne, WY - February 14th, 2009
Netster and 1&1 suck ass
t he folks at 1and1.com dropped my domains after years of having them parked (their loss). Nobody swooped in on them this time (somebody please firebomb Netster for taking teentreasury.com from me).
I re-registered opticfox.com at Dynadot and am letting coastaldragon.com go for now. Since Dynadot offers $1/month hosting, I figure I'd give it a try and have moved the Illuzion Zone over from geocities.

Copyright 2001-2009 Optic Fox. All rights reserved.
Some card names and all images of Magic: the Gathering including tap & mana symbols
and card artwork are copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast, Inc..